The ceremony saw the attendance of Mr. Nguyễn Đăng Hải, Vice - Chairman of the municipal Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee; Mr. Võ Ngọc Đồng, Deputy Head of the municipal Party Committee’s Commission for Mass Mobilization; Mr. Ngô Khôi, Deputy Head of the city’s Department of Home Affairs and head of the department’s Committee for Religious Affairs and more than 200 followers.
Overview of the ground-breaking ceremony
The Vietnam United World Mission Church was officially established in Da Nang on September 1, 1956.
After considering the dossier and by authorization of the Prime Minister, the Government Committee for Religious Affairs issued Decision No. 175 QĐ/TGCP on October 22, 2007 recognizing organizational legal status of the Vietnam United World Mission Church.
Currently, the church has more than 31,000 followers, with 48 pastors, 168 missionaries, five churches, 83 chapels and 200 congregations in 14 cities and provinces.
The church headquarters is built on an area of 6,000 sq.m at a total cost of 100 billion VND (4.76 million USD). Its construction is expected to be completed within 3-5 years.
Speaking at the ceremony, pastor Ân Ước, Head of the church, thanked the all-level authorities for facilitating the church’s activities over the past time, especially the People’s Committee of Da Nang city for providing land for the construction of the headquarters.
Mr. Ngô Khôi, Deputy Head of the city’s Department of Home Affairs and Head of the department’s Committee for Religious Affairs
Addressing the event, Mr. Ngô Khôi, Deputy Head of the city’s Department of Home Affairs and Head of the department’s Committee for Religious Affairs expressed wish that the church will continue to guide its followers how to live “good life, good religion” and actively respond to patriotic emulation movements, contributing to building Da Nang into a prosperous and civilized city.