On August 12th, at Ea Kar town, Ea Kar commune, Đắk Lắk province, Ea Kar Protestant Congregation solemnly held a ceremony for its debut after 20 years of establishment (1994-2014).
Attending the ceremony were representatives from local authorities, Pastor Võ Thành Phê, Member of General Confederation of Evangelical Churches of Vietnam (Southern); Pastor Huỳnh Cường; Pastors of the provincial Protestant Representative Board; deacons and about 200 Protestant followers.
An overview of the ceremony
At the ceremony, Deacon Trần Văn Hùng briefed the history and development of the Protestant Church in Ea Kar and the Ea Kar Protestant Congregation’s regulation.
In 1932, Pastoral Smith brought Protestantism to Đăk Lăk province and then Protestantism came to Ea Kar district in 1954.
Early 1994, Ea Kar Church was officially separated into an independent church and Pastor Châu Văn Hường was nominated by the Executive Board of General Confederation of Evangelical Churches of Vietnam as the Church’s Pastoral Superior.
With favorable conditions created by local authorities, on July 13th, 2014, the People’s Committee of Ea Kar town granted the registration certificate number 01/CN-UBND to the Ea Kar Congregation.