The pagoda was built in 1956 on an area of over 16,700 square metres.
The pagoda’s architecture exhibits the characteristics of Theravada Buddhism which adorned with sculptures in the shape of sacred bird Krud, the four-sided heads of God Bayon and God Naga - a divine snake from Khmer cultural tradition, etc.
The pagoda has been managed by Monk Danh Mouth from Chac Bang pagoda (Vinh Thuan district, Kien Giang province) from 1957 to 1960, Senior Venerable Lam Nuool from 1960 to 1964, Senior Venerable Danh Xiem from 1965 to 1975. Most Venerable Ly Sa Mouth has been served as abbot of the pagoda since 1975 to present.
The pagoda is not only a place for Buddhist practices but also a venue for Khmer language classes. During the traditional festivals of Khmer people such as Chol Chnam Thmay, Sen Dolta, Kathina, etc, Dia Muong pagoda often organizes traditional activities attracting many Buddhists and visitors.
PH (law newspaper)