A: The Article 4 of the Law on Belief and Religion stipulates the responsibility of the Vietnam Fatherland Front in safeguarding the right to freedom of belief and religion for everyone as the following:
- To gather religious and non-religious people together for building the all-nation unity block, developing and defending the Fatherland.
- To promptly inform opinions, aspirations and proposals of the people on issues related to belief and religion to competent State bodies.
- To take part in drafting legal documents on belief and religion, critical review of draft legal documents and socio-economic development plans, programs and projects related to belief and religion according to provisions of the law.
- To participate in the propagation and mobilization work toward dignitaries, deacons, practitioners, followers of religions and belief, religious organizations and the people for the implementation the law on belief and religion.
- To scrutinize the performance of state agencies, organizations, elected representatives, cadres, civil servants and officials in the implementation of policies and laws on belief and religion.