Administrative procedures for religious organizations wishing to hold annual conferences or congresses other than those specified in Articles 27 and 28 of Decree 92/2012/NĐ-CP are as the following:
Step 1: A religious organization wishing to hold an annual conference or congress other than those specified in Articles 27 and 28 of the Decree 92/2012/NĐ-CP shall send a dossier to the Department of Home Affairs (the province-level body for religious affairs).
Step 2: The provincial Department of Home Affairs shall consider the dossier and request for supplementation in case of necessity.
- The Department of Home Affairs in collaboration with the relevant agencies to appraise the dossier and submit to the province-level People’s Committee for approval.
- The province-level People’s Committee shall consider the proposal submitted by its Department of Home Affairs and make decision to approve or disapprove for an annual conference or congress to be held by the religious organization (or authorize to the Department of Home Affairs for making decision). In case of refusal, a written reply shall be provided with clearly stated reasons.
2. Sending and receiving the dossier: The dossier shall be sent directly or by post office, and shall be received in working days.
3. The dossier shall comprise:
- A formally written request,
- A report on the operation of the religious organization,
- Draft charter or statutes, or amended charter or statutes (if any).
b. Number of copy: One
4. Deadline for reply: Within 10 working days after receipt of a valid dossier.
5. Religious subjects or entities to fulfill administrative procedures: Religious organizations recognized by the state of Vietnam.
6. State agencies to handle administrative procedures: Department of Home Affairs (the province-level body for religious affairs)
7. Result of administrative procedures: Written approval or disapproval for an annual conference or congress to be held by religious organizations.
8. Fees: No.
9. The prescribed forms: The form B25 for religious organizations wishing to hold an annual conference or congress as prescribed by Circular No. 01/2013/TT–BNV dated on March 25, 2013.
10. Requirements and conditions for implementation of administrative procedures: No.
11. Legal ground of administrative procedures:
- Ordinance on Belief and Religion dated June 18th, 2004.
- Decree 92/2012/NĐ-CP date November 8th, 2012 detailing and providing measures for the implementation of the Ordinance on Belief and Religion.
- Circular No. 01/2013/TT-BNV dated on March 25, 2013 of the Ministry of Home Affairs issuing and guiding the use of forms of administrative procedures in the field of belief and religion.