Administrative procedures for registration of religious activities held outside the annually registered program and attended by believers beyond one district, town or provincial city or beyond a province are as the following:
Step 1: The grassroots religious organization wishing to hold a religious activity outside the annually registered program and attended by believers beyond one district, town or provincial city or beyond a province shall send a dossier to the Department of Home Affairs of the province where such a grassroots religious activity to take place.
Step 2: The provincial Department of Home Affairs shall consider the dossier and request for supplementation in case of necessity.
- The Department of Home Affairs in collaboration with the relevant agencies to appraise the dossier and submit to the province-level People’s Committee for approval.
- The province-level People’s Committee shall consider the proposal submitted by its Department of Home Affairs and make decision to approve or disapprove the religious activity wishing to be held by the grassroots religious organization (or authorize to the Division of Home Affairs for making decision). In case of refusal, a written reply shall be provided with clearly stated reasons.
2. Sending and receiving the dossier: The dossier shall be sent directly or by post office, and shall be received in working days.
3. The dossier shall comprise:
a. A formally written request.
b. Number of copy: One
4. Deadline for reply: Within 15 working days after receipt of a valid dossier.
5. Religious subjects or entities to fulfill administrative procedures: grassroots religious organizations wishing to hold religious activities outside the annually registered program and attended by believers beyond one district, town or provincial city or beyond a province.
6. State agencies to handle administrative procedures: Department of Home Affairs (the province-level body for religious affairs )
7. Result of administrative procedures: Written approval or disapproval for registration of the religious activity to be held by the grassroots religious organization outside the annually registered program.
8. Fees: No.
9. The prescribed forms: The form B22 for registration of religious activities outside the annual registered program as prescribed by Circular No. 01/2013/TT-BNV dated on March 25, 2013.
10. Requirements and conditions for implementation of administrative procedures: No.
11. Legal ground of administrative procedures:
- Ordinance on Belief and Religion dated June 18th, 2004.
- Decree 92/2012/NĐ-CP date November 8th, 2012 detailing and providing measures for the implementation of the Ordinance on Belief and Religion.
- Circular No. 01/2013/TT-BNV dated on March 25, 2013 of the Ministry of Home Affairs issuing and guiding the use of forms of administrative procedures in the field of belief and religion.