On August 2, 2014, the Vietnamese Language Centre, the Thailand-Vietnam Culture Association (TVCA) in collaboration with the Vietnam Oversea Association in Bangkok, Vietnamese monks and nuns studying in Thailand held a solemn Buddhist Parents’ Day ceremony for Vietnamese community at Khanh Van pagoda (Wat Upairadbamrung), 864 Charoenkrung street, Sampanthavong ward, Bangkok capital.
Attending the ceremony were Most Venerable Thích Kính Chiếu, Head of the An-Nam Bhikkhus in Thailand, Abbot of Pho Phuoc pagoda (Wat Kusol Samakhorn), Most Venerable Thích Minh Ân, Abbot of Khanh Van pagoda, Mr. Lea Dilokvitthiarat, Chairman of the TVCA, a Vietnam embassy delegation in Thailand, over 30 Vietnamese monks and nuns and the Theravada Buddhists in Thailand, and about 300 Vietnamese Buddhists and students studying in Thailand.
Buddhists offer flowers at the ceremony
Mr. Lea Dilokvitthiarat, Chairman of the TVCA speaks at the ceremony
Most Venerable Thích Minh An shares about filial piety and practical work to show filial respect to their parents
Photo Exhibition with title “Images of Parents”
Buddhists take a memory picture at Khanh Van pagoda
Speaking at the ceremony, Most Venerable Thích Minh Ân expressed his joy when Vietnam Buddhists in Thailand gathered to the Vietnamese pagoda to express filial respect on the occasion of Parents’ Day – a special feature of Vietnam culture, in Thailand. He stated that this was a meaningful deed for oversea Vietnamese people expressing gratitude towards their parents.
On the occasion, together with Buddhists in the organizing board at Khanh Van pagoda, Vietnamese monks and nuns also organized a photo exhibition with the theme “Images of Parents (Bóng cả)”.This exhibition is a collection of images of the parents, the filial piety from previous Parents’ Day festivals.
Khanh Van pagoda (Wat Upairadbamrung) is considered as the most important Vietnamese pagoda in Thailand established by Most Venerable Thích Chân Hưng during the reign of King Mongkut – Rama IV. In 1878, the Khanh Van pagoda was named as “Khanh Van Zen monastery” by King Chulalongkorn - Rama V./.